Plantronics M50 Bluetooth Headset Review


I have owned a number of Bluetooth headsets and the Plantronics M50 is now my favorite. It lasted me about 2 years. I like to wear my headset through the day, so I have chosen one that is comfortable to wear. On my previous headsets, I could go 1 hour at most before having to give my ear a rest. For the Plantronics M50, I sometimes forget it's even there. I like the way it fits. I like this ear clip better than my old headset, it is much more comfortable.

This headset has a long battery life. You see, the battery of the Plantronics headsets is good since Plantronics uses a proprietary charger, instead of a standard micro USB jack like everyone else. I have had many headsets that only last for about 3 hours, but this one lasts me at least 6 hours of constant use. The headset has a special battery meter that will show up on your screen if you have an iPhone. It also has voice alerts that tell you the battery level.

The outgoing voice quality of this headset is good; crisp, clear and loud. But according to the people that I am talking to, there is some background noise, it is not all canceled out, though this headset claims to be noise and wind canceling. I’m not super picky about sound quality. When I’m outside, the headset is a little noisy.

The Plantronics M50 Bluetooth headset works fine with my HTC phone and ipod. It is the easiest Bluetooth to set up that I have ever bought. The HTC Sensation paired with this one very easily and quickly. I recently purchased an ipod, I am glad to report that I have no connection issues. It is very easy to pair this device to most cell phones that I have tried. I was able to leave my cell phone on the table and walk a good 30 feet away and it still worked fine.

Overall, I really love this headset. I have used a few of these Bluetooth headsets over the past years and I can say this item compares favorable to other well know brands, and it is a pretty good product especially for its low price of under $30. Very nice Bluetooth!

Featured Post

Cooler master mh751 headset review

 I want to buy a cooler master mh751 headset. To do that I need to set up the service in your app so that its a native feature of the phone....

Popular Posts