Cyber Monday is one of my favorite times of the year to shop for a gaming headset.
You do not necessarily need to wait until Cyber Monday morning to decide which headset you want. In fact, I think it is better to choose the models you are interested in beforehand and then watch Amazon and other retailers during the holiday shopping period.
This is not a list of every gaming headset available. These are my recommendations for gaming headsets worth considering around Cyber Monday.
The goal is simple: find a good headset first, then look for a good Cyber Monday offer.
Razer BlackShark V3
The Razer BlackShark V3 is one of the gaming headsets I would put near the top of my Cyber Monday watchlist.
Razer has focused the BlackShark line heavily on gaming performance, with an emphasis on low-latency wireless connectivity, microphone quality and competitive gaming.
I particularly like the BlackShark V3 as a Cyber Monday candidate because it sits in a category where a holiday discount could make an already capable headset considerably more attractive.
If you want one headset to watch throughout the Cyber Monday period, this would be one of mine.
SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7
The SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7 is another headset I would keep on my Cyber Monday list.
One of its biggest advantages is versatility. The Nova 7 family is designed for people who want to use the same headset across gaming and other devices, with wireless and Bluetooth connectivity.
That makes it particularly appealing if you use a gaming PC but also want to connect the headset to a phone or another device.
For Cyber Monday, I would rather buy a good Nova 7 deal than choose a lesser headset simply because its advertised discount is larger.
4HyperX Cloud III
The HyperX Cloud III is one of my recommendations for people who care more about comfort and straightforward gaming performance than having every possible wireless feature.
The Cloud III is particularly interesting for PC gamers and people who want a relatively simple gaming headset without paying for features they may never use.
It is also a headset I would watch during Cyber Monday because the Cloud series frequently competes in the mainstream gaming-headset market.
If you prefer a wired headset, this is one of the models I would consider before looking at random Cyber Monday bargains.
The Turtle Beach Stealth 600 is another strong candidate, particularly for console gamers.
Turtle Beach has a long history of making gaming headsets, and the Stealth series is designed around console gaming as well as broader platform compatibility.
I would especially consider this headset if you play on PlayStation or Xbox and want a wireless gaming headset without moving directly into the most expensive category.
For Cyber Monday, the Stealth 600 is the kind of headset I would put on a watchlist rather than buying another model simply because it happens to have a flashy sale label.
Audeze Maxwell 2
If you want something more premium, the Audeze Maxwell 2 is one of the headsets I would watch during Cyber Monday.
Audeze approaches gaming headsets differently from mainstream gaming brands, with the Maxwell line focusing heavily on audio quality.
It is particularly interesting for gamers who also use their headset for music and other types of listening.
This is exactly the type of product where Cyber Monday can become interesting: rather than looking for the cheapest headset available, you can potentially use the holiday shopping period as an opportunity to consider a headset that would normally sit outside your preferred budget.
Which Gaming Headset Would I Buy?
If I were choosing a gaming headset for Cyber Monday, I would narrow the list down based on how I actually use my headset.
For competitive PC gaming
Razer BlackShark V3
I would prioritize low latency, microphone performance and gaming-focused features.
For a versatile wireless headset
SteelSeries Arctis Nova 7
This would be one of my choices if I wanted to use the headset with multiple devices.
For a simple and comfortable wired headset
HyperX Cloud III
A good choice if wireless connectivity is not important to you.
For console gaming
Turtle Beach Stealth 600
This would be high on my list for PlayStation or Xbox gaming.
For premium audio
Audeze Maxwell 2
This is the headset I would investigate if sound quality is more important to me than getting the cheapest possible Cyber Monday purchase.
What I Look for in a Cyber Monday Gaming Headset
I don't think Cyber Monday should change what makes a good gaming headset.
The sale should simply make a good headset easier to justify buying.
Before purchasing, I would look at:
- Sound quality
- Microphone quality
- Wireless latency
- Battery life
- Comfort
- Platform compatibility
- Bluetooth support
- Software
- Build quality
- Whether the headset is actually suitable for the games I play
I would also avoid choosing a headset solely because the retailer advertises a large percentage discount.
A headset that was not particularly appealing before Cyber Monday does not suddenly become a great headset because it has a “sale” label.
My Cyber Monday Strategy
I would decide on the headset first and the price second.
For example, if I wanted a wireless PC gaming headset, I might choose the BlackShark V3 and Nova 7 as my two candidates.
Then I would watch both during the Cyber Monday period.
If one receives an unusually attractive promotion, I already know that it is a headset I actually want.
This is much better than opening Amazon on Cyber Monday and searching for the biggest discount.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Be First to leave a review about this headset